William Kosman - Artiste Peintre

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

#10: The Rewards of Serendipity

"Who's that coming?"


"Who's that coming?" (detail)


"Who's that coming?" (detail)

My Fellow Art Lovers:

First, I want to apologize. I hadn't posted a new entry for a while for some personal reasons. To keep you from wondering, that reason was the wedding of our daughter. As I mentioned in the past, I'm an emotional painter, and when I feel pulled in another direction, for either positive or negative reasons, I just can't paint.

The wedding was wonderful for a lot of reasons, but now I am back on the job. I pushed and pushed to refind my groove, to clear my mind, to find a tranquil place. I believe the struggle was worth it. I believe that "Who's that coming?" is a good painting that gets across a fun idea in an artistically and graphically interesting way.

In detail, what impressed me about the scene were: The independence of the frisky dogs, the owner's tranquility, the familiarity of the location, which is my neighborhood, the pattern of light and shadow breaking across the scene, and the complex of colors in a lot of the elements.

Once I refound my groove, the painting was a pleasure.

What do you think?

Thanks for listening to me twice (Oh, my gosh!) in one day. I promise my blog entries will not come so fast and furious in the future.

William Kosman

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home