William Kosman - Artiste Peintre

Saturday, September 02, 2017

# 81 - Keeping the Groove Going



Fellow Art Lovers:

I don’t want to do a lot of talking this time around. I just want to show you some of the work I’ve been able to do since I believe I got my groove back.

It’s really an old story, and I’ve talked about it a lot in the past: The fact that I – like a lot of painters and people in other professions from surgeons and cab drivers to chess players and short-order cooks – feel clumsy with a palette and brush when I haven’t used them for more than maybe three days.

So, it’s a true pleasure when I work hard and get some proficiency back. And then I feel I can truly express myself through paint on canvas. Also, I want to explain to you that I really sense freedom when I painted these works, which is truly liberating. 

So, here’s a selection of some of the works I’ve done over the last few weeks, with a special photographic treat, thanks to a friendly tourist who – along with his family – watched me in action. 



This is me painting on what is called the digue (the closest translation is the boardwalk) in Saint Aubin-sur-Mer in Normandy. The photo was taken by a good guy who was visiting with his family. 



This painting is called "Approche de Reviers" (Approaching Reviers). It's a beautiful scene just off the road that descends toward the village of Reviers. I hope I did the scene some justice.


The is the big work (73 centimeters by one meter) I was painting when I was photographed. The work took about five sessions to complete. I have to admit that I'm not displeased by it.



This is a charming scene near the village of Cresserons. The simplicity of the farm buildings and the fields and - of course - the Normandy sky just captured me. 

Thanks for your time. If you have any questions, or you want more detail on anything I've talked about, please send me a note. Of course, I'd love to hear your reactions. 

Best, 

Bill 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home